Kansans can renew driver's licenses online at iKan or on the mobile app.
- Am I eligible to renew online?
- What are the Vision Requirements?
- How can I download the mobile app?
- What information do I need to renew my driver's license online?
- Can I upload a new photo during online renewal?
- I changed my mind. How can I request a refund?
- Renew Online
Am I eligible to renew online?
- Your license is within 12 months before or after your expiration date
- You are a United States citizen
- Your license is in a "valid" status
- You have had a vision exam by a Kansas optometrist or ophthalmologist with in the last 12 months
- You do not have a CDL
- You are not a registered offender
- You are between 21 and 64 years of age
- You did not complete your last renewal online
What are the Vision Requirements?
- You have had a vision exam by a Kansas optometrist with in the last 12 months
- You have 20/60 or better vision in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses
- You agree to authorize the State of Kansas to request vision and medical information from your vision professional
How can I download the mobile app?
You can download the mobile iKan app here:
What information do I need to renew my driver's license online?
To renew online, you will need the following:
- Your full name
- Date of Birth
- Driver's License Number (example: K00-00-0000)
Can I upload a new photo during online renewal?
No, your new driver's license will reuse the photo from your current license.
I changed my mind. How can I request a refund?
Driver's License renewal transactions are non-refundable.
1. Sign in to iKan
2. Click on iKan Driver's License Renewal
3. Agree to the terms that renewals are non-refundable and your picture will be re-used by clicking I wish to continue
4. Review the Renewal Criteria by clicking Yes, I'm ready to renew
5. Review the following notes and click Yes, I'm ready to renew
- Your license will not be renewed for 4-6 business days, as we wait for confirmation from your optometrist/ophthalmologist
- A temporary license cannot be provided
- It will take 14-45 days for your new license to arrive in the mail
- REAL ID cannot be added. Please visit https://ksrevenue.org/dovrealid.html for more information
- Veteran indicator cannot be added
- Refunds are not provided for those whose applications are denied
6. Follow the prompts to enter your Full Name, Date of Birth, and Driver's License Number
7. After your driver's license is found, follow the conversation prompts, verify the vision requirements, and enter your contact information
8. Designate if you with to be an Organ Donor and if you wish to Register to Vote
9. Review the information that has been submitted and make any necessary changes
10. Provide or confirm Payment Information
- Credit Card transactions are charged immediately, and ACH transactions will take 3-5 business days to clear
- A receipt will be emailed to you
- A temporary driving certificate is not provided
- Your license will arrive in the mail within 45 days