Follow the directions below to use iKan to renew your driver's license online:
2. Under the "Other Available Services" section, click iKan Driver's License Renewal.
3. Review the Renewal Criteria and click Yes, I'm ready to renew if you meet the criteria.
4. Make note of the additional information related to an online renewal and click Yes, I'm ready to renew.
5. Enter your full name and click Submit.
6. Enter your license information and click Submit.
Note: Be sure to include the dashes in your Driver's License Number.
7. If you do not have a Real ID, you will not be able to order one on iKan. Select I still want to renew to proceed.
Note: If you already have a Real ID, the website will skip this step, and the Real ID endorsement will persist to your new credential.
8. Answer all of the compliance questions.
9. When prompted to confirm if the address on your driver's license is still accurate, click Yes, it is or select No, I moved to update your address.
Note: If your address is the same, proceed to Step X.
10. Enter your new residential address and click Submit.
11. Review your new address information and if correct, click Yes.
10. Confirm whether or not your desired mailing address matches your residential address.
- If the mailing address is different, select No, then enter and confirm your mailing address.
- The mailing address can be anywhere in the U.S., or to an Army Post Office, Fleet Post Office or Diplomatic Post Office.
11. Upload the document verifying your change of address then click submit.
- Click View List of Qualifying Documents to see what documents are accepted.
- If using the iKan mobile app, you will need to either take or upload a picture. Be sure to upload a clear, non-blurry picture.
12. Verify that you meet the vision requirements, then select your eye doctor from the list and click Submit.
13. Read the Full Agreement and click I agree, and then verify whether or not you need corrective lenses.
14. Enter your phone number and click Submit.
15. Answer the Organ Donor questions, then review the renewal summary and click Looks good.
16. Select a payment method and click Submit.
Note: If you have a payment method already stored on your profile, it will appear here. Click on the payment method to select a different one, or to add a new one.
17. Review the payment summary and then click on the Pay $--.-- button to submit your application.
After submitting your payment, you will receive an email confirmation, and if signed in, a receipt will be added to your iKan profile (see Where can I find my receipt?).