Follow the steps below to update the address on your driver's license using iKan:
2. Sign in, create an account or continue as a guest (see Create an iKan profile).
3. Click the iKan Change Address button in the "Driver's License Services" section.
4. Review the qualifying criteria and if you meet the criteria, click Yes, I meet the above criteria
5. Review the information and click Yes, I understand to proceed.
6. Enter your name and click Submit.
7. Enter your birth date, driver's license number and the last four digits of your social security number, then click Submit.
8. Enter your new residential address and click Submit.
9. Review your new address information and if correct, click Yes.
10. Confirm whether or not your desired mailing address matches your residential address.
- If the mailing address is different, select No and enter and confirm your mailing address.
- The mailing address can be anywhere in the U.S., or to an Army Post Office, Fleet Post Office or Diplomatic Post Office.
11. Upload the document verifying your change of address then click submit.
- Click View List of Qualifying Documents to see what documents are accepted.
- If using the iKan mobile app, you will need to either take or upload a picture. Be sure to upload a clear, non-blurry picture.
12. Upload a front and back images of your Driver's License and click Submit.
13. You will then be prompted to answer a few questions. Enter the answer to each question by selecting Yes or No.
14. Choose to opt-in to receiving your license renewal notice via email, if desired.
Note: If you opt-in, you will be prompted to verify and/or enter your email address.
15. Choose whether or not to register as an Organ Donor.
16. Choose whether or not to register to vote at your new address.
Note: If you choose to register to vote, you will be prompted to answer additional questions.
17. Enter your phone number and click Submit.
18. Review your order information and if everything looks right, click Looks good.
19. Click Choose Payment Method and add either a credit/debit card or link a bank account.
Note: If you already have a payment method stored, it will appear here. Click on it to select a different stored payment method or to add a new one.
20. Review the reminders, payment summary and then click the blue Pay $--.-- button to submit your application.
After submitting your payment, you will receive an email confirmation, and if signed in, a receipt will be added to your iKan profile (see Where can I find my receipt?).